Victor Novelty Band - Madelon / It's A Long, Long Way To Tipperary flac album
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A||Madelon (I'll Be True To The Whole Regiment)
Written-By – Camille Robert, Louis Bousquet
|B||It's A Long, Long Way To Tipperary
Written-By – Harry Williams , Jack Judge
- Manufactured By – RCA Manufacturing Co., Inc.
- Music Director – Nathaniel Shilkret
NotesWith male chorus.
Side A = Mx. BVE-62368-1
Side B = Mx. BVE-62367-1
Both sides were recorded on July 22, 1930 in New York, NY (24th St. studio).
Originally released on August 29, 1930 on Victor "scroll" label. This repressing, on Victor "ring" label, dates to ca. 1937-41.
|22487||Victor Novelty Band||Madelon / It's A Long, Long Way To Tipperary (Shellac, 10", RP)||Victor||22487||Canada||1930|
It was allegedly written for a 5-shilling bet in Stalybridge on 30 January 1912 and performed the next night at the local music hall. Now commonly called "It's a Long Way to Tipperary", the original printed music calls it "It's a Long, Long Way to Tipperary".
It is a long way to Tipperary - but from where exactly? Lyrics and history of the popular soldiers' song explored. Goodbye Piccadilly, Farewell Leicester Square, It's a long long way to Tipperary, But my heart lies there. Up to mighty London came An Irish lad one day, All the streets were paved with gold, So everyone was gay! Singing songs of Piccadilly, Strand, and Leicester Square, 'Til Paddy got excited and He shouted to them there
LyricsIt's A Long Long Way T. he American Quartet. Last update on: January 1, 2015. Lyrics for It's A Long Long Way To Tipperary by The American Quartet.
Unlike songs from earlier wars, ‘It’s a Long Way to Tipperary’ does not urge soldiers to win personal glory through heroic deeds, but focuses on home and longing for loved ones. Sheet Music'Songs that Will Never Die' Published by M&S. The original pre-war song was inspired by the homesickness experienced by Irish expatriates, who came to work in England in great numbers from the Victorian period onwards. In it, the narrator Paddy’s girlfriend Molly threatens to marry another suitor called ‘Mike Malone’ instead, if he does not come home soon . To the sweetest girl I know! Goodbye, Piccadilly, Farewell, Leicester Square! It's a long, long way to Tipperary, But my heart's right ther. .Paddy wrote a letter. To his Irish Molly-O, Saying, "Should you not receive it
Uploaded on Nov 11, 2017. jack judge harry williams ww1 1910s song public domain.
- Lee Marlow - Too Long Gone download flac
- Irving Aaronson's Commanders / Edwin J. McEnelly's Orchestra - I'll Get By As Long As I Have You / Sleep Baby Sleep download flac
- International Novelty Quartet - Ach! Du Lieber Augustin! / Schnitzelbank download flac
- Victor Military Band - Money Musk Nos. 1 & 2 / Virginia Reels download flac
- Emile Deltour Son Orchestre Symphonique - Quand Madelon / Le Chant Du Depart download flac
- Victor Concert Orchestra - The Irish Washerwoman / Turkey In The Straw download flac
- Elvis Presley With The Jordanaires - Long Legged Girl (With The Short Dress On) download flac
- The Guess Who - So Long, Bannatyne download flac
- Duke Ellington And His Orchestra - Three Little Words / Ring Dem Bells download flac
- Benny Goodman And His Orch. - Its Been So Long / Goody-Goody download flac