Schubert - Boston Symphony, Munch - Symphony In C Major "The Great" flac album
|A1||I. Andante: Allegro Ma Non Troppo||14:40|
|A2||II. Andante Con Moto||15:05|
|B1||III. Scherzo: Allegro Vivace||9:55|
|B2||IV. Finale: Allegro Vivace||12:25|
- Produced At – TELDEC »Telefunken-Decca« Schallplatten GmbH
- Composed By – Schubert*
- Conductor – Charles Munch
- Musical Director – Richard Mohr
- Recording Engineer – Lewis Layton
NotesThis version has german, english and french liner notes under RCA red seal with typical red labels and varying cat, produced at germ TELDEC.
|LSC-2344||Schubert* - Boston Symphony Orchestra, Charles Munch||Schubert* - Boston Symphony Orchestra, Charles Munch - Symphony In C Major "The Great" (LP, Ind)||RCA Victor Red Seal||LSC-2344||US||1959|
|CCV 5054||Schubert* / Boston Symphony Orchestra, Charles Munch||Schubert* / Boston Symphony Orchestra, Charles Munch - Symphony No.9 In C Major "The Great" (LP, Album)||Camden Classics Victrola||CCV 5054||UK||Unknown|
|DRL1-0072||Schubert* - Boston Symphony Orchestra, Charles Munch||Schubert* - Boston Symphony Orchestra, Charles Munch - Symphony No. 9 ("The Great") (LP, RE, Ind)||RCA||DRL1-0072||US||1973|
|KVS 83||Schubert* / Charles Munch / Orchestre Symphonique De Boston*||Schubert* / Charles Munch / Orchestre Symphonique De Boston* - Sinfonia "La Grande" N. 9 In Do Maggiore (LP)||RCA Victrola||KVS 83||Italy||Unknown|
|RR 6073-M, RR-6073||Schubert*, Bostoner Symphonie-Orchester*, Charles Münch*||Schubert*, Bostoner Symphonie-Orchester*, Charles Münch* - Symphonie In C-Dur „Die Große“ (LP, Club)||RCA Red Seal, Das Beste Reader's Digest, RCA Red Seal, Das Beste Reader's Digest||RR 6073-M, RR-6073||Germany||Unknown|
Schubert - Boston Symphony Orchestra, Charles Munch - Symphony In C Major "The Great" (LP, Ind). Schubert, Boston Symphony Orchestra, Charles Munch. Schubert, Boston Symphony Orchestra, Charles Munch - Symphony N. In C Major "The Great" (LP, Album). Camden Classics Victrola.
The Symphony No. 9 in C major, D 944, known as the Great (first published by Breitkopf & Härtel in 1849 as "Symphonie, C Dur, für großes Orchester", listed as Symphony No. 8 in the Neue Schubert-Ausgabe), is the final symphony completed by Franz Schubert. Originally called The Great C major to distinguish it from his Symphony No. 6, the Little C major, the subtitle is now usually taken as a reference to the symphony's majesty
Schubert - Boston Symphony Orchestra, Charles Munch - Symphony In C Major "The Great" (LP, Ind).
Recorded in 1955 and 1958, respectively, these performances with the phenomenal Boston Symphony Orchestra sound magnificent with the spacious separation and the close simulation of a real orchestral environment made possible by remastering. Beyond the superb audio quality, these recordings are fascinating documents of Münch's elegant interpretations of Schubert. Known mostly as a conductor of the French Romantic repertoire, Münch was less closely associated with the Austro-Germanic symphonic literature, so his Schubert might seem a little outside the tradition, especially because of his. Boston Symphony Orchestra Charles Munch, conductor. Recorded in February 1955 and November 1958). Digitally remastered.
Symphony No. 9 in C Major, D. 944, "The Great": IV. Finale. Heinz Holliger, Kammerorchester Basel, Франц Шуберт. Symphony No. 944, "The Great": III. Scherzo. Allegro vivace - Trio. 944, "The Great": II. Andante con moto. 944, "The Great": I. Andante - Allegro ma non troppo.
This was The Great C major, written during 1825-1826 (rather than 1828 as was supposed until quite recently), and thus is the allegedly lost "Gastein" Symphony. C major yields to A major in the trio, with its broader tune for winds, before the song-sonata repeats. Allegro vivace, again in C, this finale begins with a churning subject in triplet rhythm that stubbornly fights resolution (it is the grandest and most famous compositional trap in all music). Schubert finally must stop before he can introduce a new theme on clarinets and horns.
Munch's conception of the C major Symphony is similar to Toscanini's 1953 recording: the first movement is played with little tempo fluctuation; the second movement is an Andante rather than a quasi-Adagio; the final movements are rollicking. In addition, repeats are not observed. But numerous details are different, including forward winds and brass, and less prominent strings. Munch gets a mellow tone from his orchestra, until he lets the brass blast forth at climaxes. In short, this is the polar opposite of the Gemutlikeit style favored in many performances.
You will find this symphony, the last one Schubert completed, sometimes called his Eighth and sometimes his Ninth, most frequently the latter. You may even run across an old recording that calls it his Seventh or stumble across mention of it as his Tenth. The simple answer for this confusing situation is that not a single one of Schubert’s symphonies was published during his lifetime-nor, apart from the piece at hand, until more than half a century after his death.
- Saint-Saëns, Boston Symphony / Munch - A Hi-Fi Spectacular! / Symphony No. 3 download flac
- Tchaikovsky / Strauss - Munch, Boston Symphony - Tchaikovsky: Romeo & Juliet / Strauss: Till Eulenspiegel download flac
- Heifetz, Reiner / Chicago Symphony, Munch / Boston Symphony - Matchless Performances of Two Favorite Romantic Masterpieces download flac
- Tchaïkowsky, Charles Munch, Orchestre Symphonique De Boston - 4e Symphonie En Fa Mineur, Opus 36 download flac
- Debussy / Ibert, Boston Symphony Orchestra, Charles Munch - The Sea download flac
- Boston Symphony Orchestra, Charles Munch - Beethoven Overtures, Leonore Nos. 1,2,3, Fidelio, Coriolan download flac
- Charles Munch, Boston Symphony Orchestra - Tchaikovsky: Romeo & Juliet/Strauss Till Eulenspiegel download flac
- Schubert, Chicago Symphony Conducted By Fritz Reiner - Schubert Unfinished And Symphony No. 5 download flac
- Milhaud, Charles Munch, Boston Symphony Orchestra - La Création Du Monde - Suite Provençale download flac
- Seraphim Symphony Orchestra - Schubert - Unfinished Symphony (No. 8 in B Minor) / Symphony No. 5 in B Major download flac