Jack McDuff - The Honeydripper flac album
Tracklist Hide Credits
Written-By – Jack McDuff*
|2||I Want A Little Girl
Written-By – Moll*, Mencher*
Written-By – Joe Liggins
Written-By – McDuff*
Written-By – Henry Mancini
|6||Blues And Tonic
Written-By – McDuff*
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Concord Music Group, Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Concord Music Group, Inc.
- Recorded At – Van Gelder Studio, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
- Mastered At – Van Gelder Studio, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
- Drums – Ben Dixon
- Guitar – Grant Green
- Liner Notes – Joe Goldberg
- Organ [Hammond B-3] – Jack McDuff*
- Recorded By, Remastered By [Remastering, 2006] – Rudy Van Gelder
- Recording Supervisor – Esmond Edwards
- Reissue Producer – Bob Porter, Nick Phillips
- Reissue Producer [Project Assistance] – Rikka Arnold, Terri Hinte
- Research, Reissue Producer [Assistance] – Stuart Kremsky
- Tenor Saxophone – Jimmy Forrest
NotesRecorded at Van Gelder Studio, Englewood Cliffs, NJ; February 3, 1961.
All transfers were made from the analog master tapes to digital at 24-bit resolution.
℗ & © 2006 Concord Music Group, Inc.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 8 88072-30035 4
- Matrix / Runout: 664353AM-01 PRCD-30035-2 060405-11
|7199||Jack McDuff*||The Honeydripper (LP)||Prestige||7199||US||1961|
|OJCCD 222-2||Jack McDuff*||The Honeydripper (CD, Album, RM)||Original Jazz Classics||OJCCD 222-2||Germany||1995|
|VICJ-41879||Jack McDuff*||The Honeydripper (CD, Album, RE, RM)||Prestige||VICJ-41879||Japan||2007|
|7199||Jack McDuff*||The Honeydripper (LP, Mono, RE)||Prestige||7199||US||Unknown|
|0888072300354||Jack McDuff*||The Honeydripper (CD, Album, RE, RM)||Prestige||0888072300354||Europe||2006|
The Honeydripper is the third album by American organist Jack McDuff, recorded in 1961 and released on the Prestige label. Guitarist Grant Green, who previously recorded with Sam Lazar, is part of the line-up, as well as saxophonist Jimmy Forrest. All compositions by Jack McDuff except as indicated.
For the album by Jack McDuff, see The Honeydripper (Jack McDuff album). Honeydripper" redirects here. For the film, see Honeydripper (film) "The Honeydripper". Song by Joe Liggins and His Honeydrippers.
The remaster of Jack McDuff's hard swinging 1961 album The Honeydripper was overseen by Rudy Van Gelder himself, adding to the Concord/Prestige catalog the same treatment Van Gelder had done for Blue Note. The date featured the big tenor Jimmy Forrest, drummer Ben Dixon, and Grant Green on guitar in his recording debut. Green not only held his own with McDuff on the title track, "Dink's Blues," and "Blues and Tonic," but he plays gorgeous fills and chord voicings in Henry Mancini's "I Want a Little Girl.
The Honeydripper is the third album by American organist Jack McDuff, recorded in 1961 and released on the Prestige label.
Born Eugene McDuffy in Champaign, Illinois, McDuff began playing bass, appearing in Joe Farrell's group.
Jack McDuff, the virtuoso of the Hammond B2, features little known tenor sax legend Jimmy Forrest. A real bad dude and an awesome combination. Check out the title tune 'The Honeydripper'. One person found this helpful. These cats are cookin'. I took a chance because I like the original Honeydripper by Joe Liggins. Brother Jack on that big B3 is fat bottom. This is the kind of disc I like to wake up to.
- The Brother Jack McDuff Quartet - Brother Jack At The Jazz Workshop Live! download flac
- Grant Green - Am I Blue download flac
- Miles Davis - Miles: The New Miles Davis Quintet download flac
- Horace Silver - Silver 'n' Percussion download flac
- The Modern Jazz Quartet - Django download flac
- The Brother Jack McDuff Quartet - The Brother Jack McDuff Quartet Live! At The Jazz Workshop download flac
- Lightnin' Hopkins - Soul Blues download flac
- Jack McDuff And Gene Ammons - Mellow Gravy download flac
- Eric Kloss - Grits & Gravy download flac
- Tadd Dameron With John Coltrane - Mating Call download flac