The Royal Opera Orch. Covent Garden - "William Tell" Overture flac album
- Manufactured By – The Gramophone Co. Ltd.
- Composed By – Rossini*
- Conductor [Guest] – Dr. Malcolm Sargent*
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout: 6-852
- Matrix / Runout: 8b9938 IR
- Matrix / Runout: 6-853
- Matrix / Runout: 8b9939 H
- Matrix / Runout (C side runout): Bb 9940-I
- Matrix / Runout (D side runout): Bb 9941-II
|B 2437, B 2438||Royal Opera Orch., Covent Garden*||"William Tell" Overture (2xShellac, 10", Album)||His Master's Voice, His Master's Voice||B 2437, B 2438||UK||Unknown|
Covent Garden – "William Tell" Overture. Label: His Master's Voice – B 2437, His Master's Voice – B 2438.
Garden, Covent Garden Di Londra, Covent Garden Orchestra, Covent Garden Royal Opera House Orchestra, Covent Gardenoperans Orkester, Das Orchester Des Koniglichen Opernhauses Covent Garden, London, Das Orchester Des Königlichen Opernhauses Covent Garden, Königliches Opernhaus Covent Garden, L'orchestra Reale Covent Garden, La Orquesta De La Royal Opera House, Covent Garden, London Symphony Orchestra, Members Of The Royal Opera House Orchestra, Covent Garden, Opéra. Royal De Covent Garden, Orch. William Tell" Overture (Album). His Master's Voice, His Master's Voice.
Album: Royal Opera House - The Tchaikovsky Experience, Jarvi, Et. William Tell: Overture. Orchestra of the Royal Opera House, Covent Garden. Carlo Rizzi, conductor.
We recently strapped GoPro cameras to Music Director of The Royal Opera Antonio Pappano and the Orchestra of the Royal Opera House as they rehearsed the iconic William Tell (Guillaume Tell) Overture. An extended version of this film will feature as part of Deloitte Ignite 2015, the month-long festival of events (mainly free) which will open the 2015/16 Season.
Rossini’s work of 1829 tells the story of the Swiss patriot who shoots an arrow that splits an apple atop his son’s head, and is famed for its overture with the galloping horse theme used in the Lone Ranger TV series.
The opera was Rossini's last, although he lived for nearly 40 more years
The Royal Opera House production of William Tell caused a bit of an uproar over some explicit content that some thought had no place in Rossini's opera, specifically one controversial scene depicting the rape of a young village woman by Gesler's soldiers. The horror of Tell having to shoot an apple off the head of his own son is vividly depicted in the opera, but the folk legend is unlikely to have the same impact for a modern audience used to seeing worse horrors on the TV every night, and if Michieletto deems it necessary to elaborate on a scene that is discreetly alluded to.
The opening night of director Damiano Michieletto’s production of Rossini’s William Tell was met with a chorus of disapproval during a scene that depicted a violent sexual assault. During the third act orchestral divertissement, Michieletto staged a scene in which soldiers forced a woman to drink champagne, molested her with a gun and stripped her. While a section of the audience appeared to boo the scene, some of them took to Twitter to voice their objections. One critic described the scene as a gang rape. ROH Guillaume Tell: Chandelier. Classic FM's music critic David Mellor said he was astounded. In 40 years of opera going at Covent Garden, never before have I heard a storm of booing during a performance," he said. This repellent, extended rape scene in Act III – while acted out to some of Rossini's prettiest ballet music – was more than many in the audience could endure.
- Schubert, The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, Sir Malcolm Sargent - Symphony No. 8 In B Minor ("Unfinished") / "Rosamunde" Op. 26 download flac
- Delibes / Messager, Charles Mackerras, Royal Opera House Orchestra, Covent Garden - La Source / Les Deux Pigeons download flac
- Georg Solti, Orchestra Of The Royal Opera House, Covent Garden, Giuseppe Verdi, Gioacchino Rossini, Jacques Offenbach, Amilcare Ponchielli - Venice download flac
- Royal Opera House Orchestra, Covent Garden, Jean Morel / Tchaikovsky - Le Lac Des Cygnes extraits download flac
- Gioacchino Rossini - The B.B.C. Symphony Orchestra conducted by Arturo Toscanini - Overture "La Scala Di Seta" download flac
- Sir Malcolm Sargent, Royal Philharmonic Orchestra - Famous Popular Overtures download flac
- Offenbach / Gounod, Georg Solti, Royal Opera House Orchestra, Covent Garden - Gaité Parisienne / Faust Ballet Music download flac
- Leopold Stokowski And The Philadelphia Orchestra - Overture "1812," Op. 49 download flac
- Orchestra Of The Royal Opera House, Covent Garden - "Coppelia" Ballet Music download flac
- Ernest Ansermet, Royal Opera House Orchestra Covent Garden - Una Sera Al Covent Garden download flac