Heather Leigh - Throne flac album
|A1||Prelude to Goddess||4:02|
|A3||Scorpio and Androzani||6:52|
|B2||Days Without You||4:06|
- Advisor [Spiritual Advisor] – Jennifer Lucy Allen
- Electric Bass – David Keenan
- Mastered By – Rashad Becker
- Pedal Steel Guitar, Vocals, Synthesizer, Drum Machine, Composed By, Performer, Photography By, Design – Heather Leigh*
- Violin, Synthesizer, Recorded By, Engineer – John Hannon
NotesLP on Editions Mego
Includes download card.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (sticker ): 5 050580 700642
|EMEGO 257||Heather Leigh*||Throne (LP, Album, Ltd, Num, S/Edition)||Editions Mego||EMEGO 257||Austria||2018|
|EMEGO 257||Heather Leigh*||Throne (CD, Album)||Editions Mego||EMEGO 257||Austria||2018|
Heather Leigh – Throne. Mastered By – Rashad Becker.
For more than 20 years, the improvisational music of Heather Leigh has traveled a clear throughline. From her early 2000s work in Charalambides and her many solo releases since 2002 to more recent collaborations with like-minded experimenters Chris Corsano, Jandek, and Peter Brötzmann, her way of improvising with voice and pedal steel guitar has been distinct. She’s equally skilled at creating subtle, folk-leaning tones or dense, aggressive noise. But recently, Leigh has forged a kind of rebirth. That may sound heady, and Throne is not easy-listening, even if it is Leigh’s most song-oriented album yet. Leigh, after all, calls her music a personal religion, and it often feels like a series of spiritual explorations and epiphanies. But Throne is also quite sensual, reveling in bodies and the environments through which they move.
Prelude to Goddess, 04:01. Scorpio and Androzani, 06:51.
On Throne, Heather Leigh takes her place as queen of pedal steel with a suite of heart-rending ballads cauterized with burning riffs. After the rawness of its precursor I Abused Animal (SOMA 023LP, 2015), Throne is a record of late night Americana and heavy femininity; intimate love songs smoked in sensuality. The songs on Throne are woozy, gorgeous and uncomfortable, smothered in thick layers of bass but lifted by multi-tracked vocals. It is an album of cosmic echoes, abstractions and introspection, of characters and stories that make up Leigh's first best pop record, its melodies and hooks set alight with the fiery core of her unique and distinctive pedal steel. Recorded and engineered by John Hannon, Rayleigh, Essex, March 2018. Photographs and design: Heather Leigh. LP - Standard Black LP.
Over the last few years, Leigh has carved her name into the gnarled wood of avant garde music with an ardent voice and a unique, devastating approach to guitar music.
award album of the year leigh mego steel. May 17, 2019 2 notes. leigh brötzmann parker steel bass works hook May 13, 2019 7 notes.
Heather Leigh - Soft Seasons 05:50. Heather Leigh - Gold Teeth 16:49. Heather Leigh - Days Without You 04:06. Can I Keep You - Heather Leigh. Ears Are Filled with Wonder - Heather Leigh, Peter Brötzmann.
The music is uniquely alluring. 80. Throne might be her boldest and most intimate statement yet.
- Outer Space - Phantom Center download flac
- Heather Campione - Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This) download flac
- Robert Hampson - Signaux download flac
- Heather Leigh West - One (Valentino's Heather) download flac
- Jim Haynes - The Wires Cracked download flac
- L-E-V8 & Leigh Green - The Way download flac
- Bill Orcutt - A History Of Every One download flac
- Bill Orcutt - How The Thing Sings download flac
- DJ Dove & Heather Leigh West - Lift Me download flac
- Emeralds - What Happened download flac