Verdi - I Vespri Siciliani flac album
- Copyright (c) – RAI Radiotelevisione Italiana – none
- Copyright (c) – Teatro alla Scala, Milano – none
- Baritone Vocals [Monforte] – Giorgio Zancanaro
- Bass Vocals [Procida] – Ferruccio Furlanetto
- Bass Vocals [Vaudemont] – Francesco Musinu
- Choir – Coro Del Teatro Alla Scala
- Chorus Master – Giulio Bertola
- Composed By – Giuseppe Verdi
- Conductor – Riccardo Muti
- Mezzo-soprano Vocals [Ninetta] – Gloria Banditelli
- Orchestra – Orchestra Del Teatro Alla Scala
- Soprano Vocals [Elena] – Cheryl Studer
- Tenor Vocals [Arrigo] – Chris Merritt
- Tenor Vocals [Danieli] – Ernesto Gavazzi
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 014381436129
I vespri siciliani is a five-act Italian opera originally written in French for the Paris Opéra by the Italian romantic composer Giuseppe Verdi and translated into Italian shortly after its premiere in June 1855. Under its original title, Les vêpres siciliennes, the libretto was prepared by Eugène Scribe and Charles Duveyrier from their work Le duc d'Albe, which was written in 1838 and offered to Halévy and Donizetti before Verdi agreed to set it to music in 1854.
The biggest (but not only) caveat about this recording of I Vespri siciliani is the sound quality. Other versions of the performance have been released at least half a dozen times, which is a testament to its vocal quality over its sound. This version is less noisy than some, but it's distractingly boomy.
I-Catalogue NumberI-Cat. No. IGV 34. v'ts/Sec's. Year/Date of CompositionY/D of Comp. Siciliani, Siciliane, Soldati francesi, Comparse e corpo di Ballo, Soldati francesi, sei Giovanette, quattro Paggi, Maestro di Cerimonie, Nobili d'ambo i sessi, quattro Uffiziali, due Penitenti, un Carnefice, Siciliani. Pieces based on Verdi's 'Les vêpres siciliennes'.
This album has an average beat per minute of 96 BPM (slowest/fastest tempos: 58/169 BPM). See its BPM profile at the bottom of the page. Tracklist I Vespri Siciliani (New Philharmonia Orchestra & John Alldis Choir feat. conductor: James Levine). 1. I Vespri Siciliani: Overture. I Vespri Siciliani: Act I. "Assai nappi vuotammo".
More info on I Vespri Siciliani. Composer: Giuseppe Verdi. Librettist: Eugène Scribe. Les vêpres siciliennes (The Sicilian Vespers, but today better-known in its post-1861 Italian version as I vespri siciliani) is an opéra in five acts by the Italian romantic composer Giuseppe Verdi set to a French libretto by Charles Duveyrier and Eugène Scribe from their work Le duc d'Albe, which was written in 1838 and offered to Halevy and Donizetti before. Verdi agreed to set it to music in 1854. The story is based on a historical event, the Sicilian Vespers of 1282, using material drawn from the medieval Sicilian tract Lu rebellamentu di Sichilia.
- Verdi - Shirley Verrett, Piero Cappuccilli, Plácido Domingo, Nicolai Ghiaurov, Coro E Orchestra Del Teatro Alla Scala, Claudio Abbado - Macbeth download flac
- Prof. D’ Orchestra Del Teatro Alla “Scala" / Orchestra Del Teatro Reale Dell’Opera - La Gazza Ladra / Madama Butterfly download flac
- Gioacchino Rossini - La Donna Del Lago download flac
- Verdi, Orchestra Of The Teatro Alla Scala, Milano Conducted By Lorin Maazel - Otello download flac
- Verdi - Coro E Orchestra Del Theatro Alla Scala Di Milano, Tullio Serafin - Aida - Hoogtepunten download flac
- Donizetti - Anna Bolena download flac
- Verdi, Maria Callas, Guiseppe Di Stefano, Rolando Panerai, Fedora Barbieri, Orchestra And Chorus Of La Scala, Milan, Norberto Mola, Herbert Von Karajan - Il Trovatore download flac
- Giuseppe Verdi / Ambrogio Maestri, Barbara Frittoli, Juan Diego Flórez, Orchestra E Coro Del Teatro Alla Scala, Riccardo Muti - Falstaff download flac
- Verdi - Christoff, Bastianini, Cossotto, Stella, Gabriele Santini - Don Carlo download flac
- Vincenzo Bellini, Maria Callas, Giuseppe di Stefano, Nicola Rossi-Lemeni, Rolando Panerai, Tullio Serafin, Orchestra Del Teatro Alla Scala, Coro Del Teatro Alla Scala - I Puritani - Selezione Dall'Opera download flac