D Train - You're The One For Me flac album
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||You're The One For Me
Percussion – Hubert Eaves III, Hubert Eaves Jr, IV
|A2||Walk On By
Written-By – B. Bacharach, H. David*
|A3||Tryin' To Get Over
Backing Vocals [Additional], Arranged By [Background Arrangement] – Neil TrotmanBass [Fills] – Kevin Eaves
Bass – Basil Ferrington*
|B1||"D" Train (Theme)
Backing Vocals [Additional] – Lisa Fisher*Drums – Hubert Eaves Jr, IVGuitar – Billy "Spaceman" Paterson*
Guitar – Butch Campbell
|B4||You're The One For Me (Reprise)||3:45|
- Arranged By [Strings, Horns] – Hubert Eaves III, Sinclair Acey
- Arranged By [Vocals] – Hubert Eaves III, James Williams*
- Cello – Jesse Levy, Seymour Barab
- Concertmaster – Guy Lumia
- Drums – Howard King (tracks: A1 to A4, B3, B4)
- Engineer – Ben Wilsh, Jay Mark, John Potoker, Pete Diorio
- Engineer [Assistant] – David Teich, Mike Potash
- Guitar – Ed Tree Moore* (tracks: A1 to A4, B3, B4)
- Harp, Other [String Contractor] – Gene Bianco
- Management – Jack Walker
- Mastered By – Herbie JR*
- Mixed By – François Kevorkian, Hubert Eaves III
- Other [Stylist] – Gretta Lee/Masterworks
- Percussion – Steve Kroon
- Photography By, Art Direction – Trudy Schlachter
- Producer, Arranged By [Rhythm, Keyboards], Keyboards, Programmed By [Keyboards] – Hubert Eaves III
- Saxophone – Gene Ghee*
- Strings – Marilyn Wright, Marvin Morganstern*, Max Ellen, Paul Gershman, Regis Iandiorio
- Trombone – Janice Robinson
- Trumpet – Earl Gardner, Frank Williams , Kamau Adilifu
- Viola – Harry Zaratzian, Julien Barber, Semour Berman*, Ted Israel*
- Written-By – Hubert Eaves III (tracks: A1, A3 to B4), James Williams* (tracks: A1, A3, B1 to B4)
NotesThis is a label variation of this version. See and compare label images: one version has labels with a pink rim and a bright pink center; the submission here [see images] has a pink rim and a light pink center. Text wise the labels are identical, but the colour settings are definitely different.
Produced for Huemar Productions. Recorded at Sound Lab Studios, Counterpoint Studios & Sigma Sound Studios. Mixed at Sigma Sound NY & Counterpoint Studios. Mastered at Frankford Wayne, New York.
Printed on back: "Special Acknowledgement to THE CREATOR, WHO MAKES EVERYTHING POSSIBLE. Thanks to the PRELUDE FAMILY - Marvin Schlachter, Stan Hoffman, Joey Bonner, Francois, Pam, Joe, Michael Melinda, Maritza, Gerry and Phyllis. With Love to - Marlene, Mr. & Mrs. Smith, Mr. & Mrs. Eaves, Princess Williams and Vicky".
|PRL 14105||"D" Train*||You're The One For Me (LP, Album, Hau)||Prelude Records||PRL 14105||US||1982|
|PRL 14105||"D" Train*||You're The One For Me (LP, Album, Promo)||Prelude Records||PRL 14105||US||1982|
|PRL 3002||"D" Train*||You're The One For Me (LP, Album)||Prelude Records||PRL 3002||Spain||1982|
|EPC 85683||D-Train||You're The One For Me (LP, Album)||Epic||EPC 85683||UK||1982|
|PRL 14105||"D" Train*||You're The One For Me (LP, Album)||Prelude Records||PRL 14105||US||1982|
You're the One For Me" is a song written by James "D. Train" Williams and Hubert Eaves III of D. Train, a New York based post-disco duo, released in 1981 by Prelude Records. You're the One for Me" first charted on December 19, 1981, at number 53 on the Billboard dance singles chart. It was a number one dance hit for three weeks early in 1982. The single also made it to number thirteen on the soul singles chart
You just don't know what you did to me But I'm not the same Since you gave me love That's sheltered from the rain You just don't know how you make me feel Your sweet lovin' girl, is so unreal I've got love, love desire From your lovin' my soul's on fire. Bustin' up on a cloud, shout out loud You're the one for me With your love by my side The world will be mine You're the one for me. I'm ridin' on a cloud Got to shout it out loud, you're my all Baby, hold on tight For the rest of my life, don't let me fall.
A greatest hits album titled You're the One for Me-The Very Best of D Train was issued in several European countries in 1985. Featured on this compilation was a remixed version of "You're the One for Me" and the tune charted a second time that year. This version was remixed by Paul Hardcastle, who had previously issued a cover version of the song and, by 1985, had become well known for his own hit "19". Despite this success, the group would disband that same year. D Train as a solo artist
D-Train was the sound of American urban music in the early 80s. The professional collaboration of school friends James "D-Train" Williams and Hubert Eaves III, the duo created a slender catalogue of richly soulful, dynamic dance music that was steeped in gospel. Williams wrote and sang and Eaves produced, arranged and played. Although they only made three albums, D-Train created some of the most enduring records of the early 80s. They took their heady template and developed it to its apogee with Music from their 1983 album of the same name, but You're the One For Me captures a moment where the old met the new, and it still sounds vibrant. Its influence can be heard on early house records, such as Farley ‘Jackmaster’ Funk’s Love Can't Turn Around and Ten City’s That's the Way Love Is.
Train released their first single "You're the One For Me" in late 1981. The track became an instant success, hitting on the Hot Dance Club Play chart that year; it has been remixed and re-released successfully several times since, and was contemporaneously covered by Paul Hardcastle with vocalist Kevin Henry in the United Kingdom. Several other singles from the album were moderately successful. In 1984, D. Train had their only Billboard Hot 100 entry with "Something's On Your Mind," which climbed to and was later covered by Miles Davis on his album You're Under Arrest. A Greatest Hits album entitled You're the One for Me- The Very Best of D'Train was issued in several European countries in 1985. Featured on this compilation was a remixed version of "You're the One for Me," and the tune charted a second time that year.
Artist:D-Train Title Of Album:You're The One For Me Year Of Release:1992 Label:Unidisc Genre:Disco, Funk Quality:mp3 Flac (image+.
In 1982 the R&B song in the charts was You're the One for Me by D Train. You're the One for Me by D Train. 89. ▼ Select Rank Below 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 #.
- Alisa Ohri - Cuz I Feel download flac
- "D" Train - Keep On download flac
- Hubert Et Huguette - Hubert Et Huguette download flac
- D-Train - Walk On By download flac
- Cheryl Lynn - It's Gonna Be Right download flac
- The Eaves - The Eaves download flac
- Gary Bartz NTU Troop - I've Known Rivers And Other Bodies download flac
- Hi Gloss / "D" Train / Unlimited Touch / Gerald Mallory - You'll Never Know / Walk On By / I Hear Music In The Streets / Lay It Down On Me download flac
- Hubert Kah - Tensongs download flac
- Hubert Lee, Soul Defenders - The Avenue download flac