Vaughan Williams, Kenneth Sillito, Bryden Thomson, The London Symphony Orchestra - Symphony No. 4 In F Minor / Concerto Accademico flac album
Tracklist Hide Credits
|Symphony No. 4 In F Minor||(33:24)|
|1||I - Allegro||8:32|
|2||II - Andante Moderato||10:29|
|3||III - Scherzo: Allegro Molto||5:34|
|4||IV - Finale Con Epilogo Fugato. Allegro Molto||8:40|
|Concerto In D Minor For Violin And String Orchestra (Concerto Accademico)
Violin – Kenneth Sillito
|5||I - Allegro Pesante||5:41|
|6||II - Adagio - Tranquillo||6:56|
|7||III - Presto||4:06|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Chandos Records Ltd
- Copyright (c) – Chandos Records Ltd
- Recorded At – Church Of St. Jude-on-the-Hill, Hampstead
- Pressed By – ICM – H809072
- Published By – Oxford University Press
- Art Direction – Vicky Langdale
- Composed By – Vaughan Williams*
- Conductor – Bryden Thomson
- Design [Sleeve Design] – Jane Embley
- Editor – Tim Oldham
- Engineer [Assistant Engineer] – Philip Couzens
- Engineer [Sound Engineer] – Ralph Couzens
- Liner Notes [© 1988] – Max Harrison
- Orchestra – The London Symphony Orchestra
- Painting [Front Cover Picture: Shade And Darkness - The Evening Of The Deluge] – J.M.W. Turner*
- Photography By [Bryden Thomson] – Fritz Curzon
- Photography By [Kenneth Sillito] – Suzie E. Maeder*
- Producer – Brian Couzens
Notes12-page liner booklet with notes in English, German & French
Recorded in St. Jude's Church, London NW11 on 27 & 28 November 1987 (symphony) and 15 March 1988
℗ 1988 Chandos Records Ltd. © 1988 Chandos Records Ltd.
CD made in Switzerland
Total Time: 50:25
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 5 014682 863322
- Barcode (Scanned): 5014682863322
- Matrix / Runout: ICM H809072 8633 1 1 2 6 6 8 5
- SPARS Code: DDD
- Other (Corresponding LP catalog number on CD label): ABRD 1322
|ABRD 1322, 2892 037||Vaughan Williams*, Kenneth Sillito, Bryden Thomson Conducts The London Symphony Orchestra||Vaughan Williams*, Kenneth Sillito, Bryden Thomson Conducts The London Symphony Orchestra - Symphony No. 4 In F Minor / Concerto Accademico (LP)||Chandos, Chandos||ABRD 1322, 2892 037||UK||1988|
Ralph Vaughan Williams, London Symphony Orchestra, Bryden Thomson. Symphony No. 4 In F Minor. Photography By – Suzie E. Maeder. Producer – Brian Couzens. Violin – Kenneth Sillito (tracks: B1 to B3). Notes.
Violin Concerto in D minor ("Concerto Accademico"). blue highlight denotes track pick.
Symphony No. 1. 2. 3. 4. Concerto In D Minor For Violin And String Orchestra (Concerto Accademico) Violin – Kenneth Sillito. Vaughan Williams, Kenneth Sillito, Bryden Thomson Conducts The London Symphony Orchestra - Symphony No. 4 In F Minor, Concerto Accademico (LP). Label Category Country Year.
Exclusive discount for Prime members. Sample this album Artist - Artist (Sample). 30. 6 in E Minor: I. Allegro. by London Symphony Orchestra. Allegro by London Symphony Orchestra. 6 in E Minor: II. Moderato. Moderato by London Symphony Orchestra.
London Symphony Orchestra. Vaughan Williams: Symphony No. London Symphony Orchestra.
Track List 01) Symphony no. 4 in F minor: I. Allegro 02) Symphony no. 4 in F minor: II. Andante moder 03) Symphony no. 4 in F minor: III. Scherzo: All 04) Symphony no. 4 in F minor: IV: Finale con Ep 05) Concerto in D minor for Violin and String Or 06) Concerto in D minor for Violin and String Or 07) Concerto in D minor for Violin and String Or. 8:36 10:32 5:34 8:50 5:45 6:59 4:07.
Performers: The London Symphony Orchestra (leader: Lennox Mackenzie) Bryden Thomson, conductor. While the symphonies of Ralph Vaughan Williams continue to enjoy performances in concert halls and recording studios, some of his lesser well-known works languish. Such is the case for the 'Concerto Grosso for String Orchestra', a magnificent work for large ensemble that probes the depths and heights of Vaughan Williams powerful orchestration skills as well as any of the symphonies. 2, "A London Symphony": II. Lento. 2, "A London Symphony": III. Scherzo: Nocturne - Allegro Vivace. 2, "A London Symphony": IV. Andante Con Moto - Allegro - Epilogue. 5. Concerto Grosso: I. Intrada. 6. Concerto Grosso: II. Burlesca Ostinata. 7. Concerto Grosso: III. Sarabande. 8. Concerto Grosso: IV. Scherzo. Bryden Thomson & London Symphony Chorus. Vaughan Williams: Norfolk Rhapsodies Nos. 1 and 2, Pastoral Symphony, The Running Set. London Symphony Orchestra, Rebecca Evans & Richard Hickox.
A London Symphony is the second symphony composed by Ralph Vaughan Williams. The work is sometimes referred to as Symphony No. 2, though it was not designated as such by the composer. First performed in 1914, the four-movement symphony was lost, reconstructed and later modified by Vaughan Williams. The work is scored for: Woodwinds: three flutes (the third doubling piccolo), two oboes, cor anglais, two clarinets, bass clarinet, two bassoons, contrabassoon.
- Mendelssohn - Violin Concerto - Symphony No. 3 download flac
- Hummel - Stephen Hough, English Chamber Orchestra, Bryden Thomson - Piano Concerto In B Minor Op. 89 / Piano Concerto In A Minor Op. 85 download flac
- Vaughan Williams, Howells, Walton, Bowen, Helen Callus, New Zealand Symphony Orchestra, Marc Taddei - British Music For Viola And Orchestra download flac
- Sibelius, Tchaikovsky, Ricci, London Symphony Orchestra ∙ Fjeldstad - Violin Concerto / Serenade Melancolique ∙ Scherzo download flac
- John Williams / Bach, Handel, Marcello, Academy Of St. Martin-In-The-Fields, Kenneth Sillito - Concertos download flac
- Vaughan Williams, Paul Silverthorne, Bournemouth Symphony Chorus & Orchestra, Paul Daniel - Symphony No. 4, Flos Campi download flac
- Tchaïkovsky, Flemish Symphony Orchestra, North German Philharmonic Orchestra - Pianoforte Concerto No. 1 In B Flat Minor, Op. 23 / Valse-Scherzo In C For Violin And Orchestra, Op. 34 download flac
- Tchaikovsky, Sibelius, Itzhak Perlman, Boston Symphony Orchestra, Erich Leinsdorf - Violin Concerto In D / Violin Concerto In D Minor download flac
- Ludwig van Beethoven, Bernard Haitink, The London Philharmonic Orchestra - Die 9 Sinfonien download flac
- Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky, Alexander Glazunov, Chin Kim, Paul Freeman , Moscow Philharmonic Orchestra, The Symphony Orchestra Of Russia - Tchaikovsky Violin Concerto In D Major, Glazunov Violin Concerto In A Minor download flac