Frederick Retter - Land Of Hope And Glory / Evensong flac album
|A||Land Of Hope And Glory|
- Record Company – A. W. Gamage Ltd.
Note that the matrix numbers printed on the labels are incorrect. The YR numbers of for the same titles recorded for HMV on 8 April 1926 by the organist H. Spencer Shaw, while the HR numbers in the runout show these these are actually recordings made for Homochord (but pressed by the Gramophone Co.) on 10 June 1926 by the organist R. Arnold Grier!
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side A label): YR. 241-2
- Matrix / Runout (Side B label): YR. 240-2
- Matrix / Runout (Side A runout): HR 456-2
- Matrix / Runout (Side B runout): HR 457-2
Note that the matrix numbers printed on the labels are incorrect. Matrix, Runout (Side A label): YR. 241-2.
Land of Hope and Glory, Mother of the Free, How shall we extol thee, who are born of thee? Wider still and wider shall thy bounds be set; God, who made thee mighty, make thee mightier yet, God, who made thee mighty, make thee mightier yet. "Land of Hope and Glory" is a British patriotic song, with music by Edward Elgar and lyrics by A. C. Benson, written in 1902.
Hope & Glory is the first solo album by Heart singer Ann Wilson, released on September 11, 2007. Hope & Glory is an album of covers that features guest appearances from Elton John, . lang, Alison Krauss, Gretchen Wilson, Shawn Colvin, Rufus Wainwright, Wynonna Judd and Deana Carter. Ann's sister, Nancy, also contributed.
The poet and essayist Arthur Benson wrote the words to "Land Of Hope And Glory. He was the older brother of Mapp and Lucia author EF Benson. The song is often used as a sporting anthem. It is sung by English fans at home England rugby union games in Twickenham after the home and away National Anthems. It has also been adapted by football fans over the years for their own chants. When the famous Abbey Road Studios opened in 1931, the first person to record there was Elgar, who conducted "Land Of Hope And Glory" for the British National Symphony Orchestra. Elgar was filmed by Pathé for a newsreel depicting the recording session. It is believed to be the only surviving sound film of the composer. The Pomp and Circumstance march was used on the popular American television 1950s and 1960s game show Queen for a Day to accompany the announcement of the winner's list of prizes.
This summer, don't take your kids to the farm park, instead sit them down, put Land of Hope and Glory on and show them where their 'ethical' food comes from. A brave documentary, created by brave filmmakers.
There are so many emotive associations. Land of Hope and Glory is performed at all the occasions we hold dear, from England rugby matches to the commonwealth games. American college students even graduate to it! There’s now such a rich cultural memory of pride and patriotism associated with the song that even the most stony-hearted citizen of the world is bound to get something in their eye.
- The Corley Family - The Way To Glory Land / Give The World A Smile download flac
- Brother Maze Jackson - Loved Ones In Glory Looking This Way download flac
- Eddie Sosby - The Cow Song / Little More Music download flac
- Earl Oliver's Jazz Babies - Jig Walk / Horses download flac
- Al Shayne / Arthur Fields - To-Morrow Mornin' / Song Of The Vagabonds download flac
- Numbers - Death Vol. 1 download flac
- Welby Toomey - Frankie's Gamblin' Man / The Golden Willow Tree download flac
- Mike Oldfield - Arrival / Wonderful Land download flac
- The B.B.C. Dance Orchestra - The Glory Of Love / Somewhere At Sea download flac
- Al Hopkins And His Buckle Busters - Cinda / Sally Ann download flac