Malcolm Goldstein - Sounding The New Violin flac album
|–John Cage||Eight Whiskus For Solo Violin||5:21|
|–Malcolm Goldstein||Sounding The Fragility Of Line||13:23|
|–Pauline Oliveros||Portrait Of Malcolm||12:27|
|–Philip Corner||(Gamelan) The Gold Stone||13:45|
|WN0005||Malcolm Goldstein||Sounding The New Violin (CD, Album)||¿What Next? Recordings||WN0005||US||1991|
|WN0005||Malcolm Goldstein||Sounding The New Violin (Cass, Album)||¿What Next? Recordings||WN0005||US||1991|
Sounding the New Violin. As both an improvising violinist and composer, Malcolm Goldstein has worked tirelessly to promote American new music, and this selection of six pieces written especially for him by John Cage, Pauline Oliveros, Ornette Coleman, Philip Corner, James Tenney, and himself marks a significant step forward in the repertory of solo violin music. Cage's "Eight Whiskus" is an adaptation of a work written for soprano Joan La Barbara (and a meticulously notated one at that, despite its fresh, almost improvisatory feel)
Sounding the New Violin is an album of 20th-century works for solo violin by American and Canadian composers, released by the American violinist Malcolm Goldstein. The disc was originally released in 1991 by Nonsequitur/What Next Recordings, and was re-released by . The album was produced by Malcolm Goldstein and Steve Peters. Eight Whiskus by John Cage (1985). Sounding the Fragility of Line by Malcolm Goldstein (1988). Portrait of Malcolm by Pauline Oliveros (1987).
Malcolm Goldstein Sounding the New Violin. exitsense August 15th 13. Give Your Opinion on Sounding the New Violin. Staff & Contributors // Site Forum // Contact us. Bands:.
Deutsch English Español Français Italiano 日本語. Modifica artista.
Malcolm Goldstein (born March 27, 1936 in Brooklyn, New York) is an American-Canadian composer, violinist and improviser who has been active in the presentation of new music and dance since the early 1960s. in music composition from Columbia University in 1960, having studied with Otto Luening
Album · 1997 · 4 Songs. Configurations in Darkness (ensemble). Malcolm Goldstein, Philippe Racine, Radu Malfatti, Beat Schneider & Philippe Micol. 4. Ishi/"man waxati" Soundings.
Malcolm Goldstein's profile including the latest music, albums, songs, music videos and more updates. Sounding the New Violin. Variations, Vol. 2/Eight Whiskus/Ryoanji. Live at Fire in the Valley.
The Malcolm Goldstein discography is far from enormous, but everything he's released, especially since the turn of the century, has been absolutely outstanding. At night in the darkness of his cabin, and the silence of the woods, when Malcolm brings out his violin and starts to play for you, you gain a deeper understanding of where his music comes from," writes Peter Garland, in a splendid essay accompanying the disc â€ detailed and informative liner notes are a New World speciality, and this is one.
- Malcolm McLaren Presents World Famous Supreme Team Show - Romeo And Juliet download flac
- Malcolm Kaksois - Sexy Dentist/Heartbreak Hotelli download flac
- Malcolm Harrison - The Crystal Veil download flac
- Malcolm Roberts - Mr. Roberts download flac
- Bach / Yehudi Menuhin, George Malcolm, Ambrose Gauntlett - Six Sonatas For Violin And Harpsichord download flac
- Electric Dread - Malcolm X download flac
- Malcolm Roberts - When There's No You download flac
- Malcolm Williamson / Don Banks - The Display (Ballet Suite) / Violin Concerto download flac
- Ludwig van Beethoven, Robert Schumann, Erich Gruenberg, Malcolm Frager, New Philharmonia Orchestra, Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, Jascha Horenstein - Concerto For Violin & Orchestra In D Major, Op. 61/ Concerto For Piano & Orchestra In A Minor, Op. 54 download flac
- Heifetz, New Symphony Orchestra Of London Conducted By Sir Malcolm Sargent, Vieuxtemps / Bruch - Scottish Fantasy / Concerto No. 5 download flac