Rossini, June Anderson, Ernesto Palacio, Samuel Ramey, Margarita Zimmermann, Claudio Scimone - Maometto Secondo flac album
|A1||Maometto II Akt: 1-3||32:21|
|B1||Maometto II Akt: Nr. 3 (Schlub)-4||31:42|
|C1||Maometto II Akt: 5||29:06|
|D1||Maometto II Akt: 6-8||30:51|
|E1||Maometto II Akt: 9-10||29:23|
|F1||Maometto II Akt: 11||30:26|
- Recorded At – Kingsway Hall
- Bass Vocals – Samuel Ramey
- Chorus – The Ambrosian Opera Chorus
- Conductor – Claudio Scimone
- Directed By [Chorus] – John McCarthy
- Mezzo-soprano Vocals – Margarita Zimmermann
- Soprano Vocals – June Anderson
- Tenor Vocals – Ernesto Palacio, Laurence Dale
NotesComes with 36 Page booklet.
Recorded December 1983 Kingsway Hall, London
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 028941214812
|412 148-2||Rossini* : June Anderson, Margarita Zimmermann, Ernesto Palacio, Laurence Dale, Philharmonia Orchestra, Claudio Scimone||Rossini* : June Anderson, Margarita Zimmermann, Ernesto Palacio, Laurence Dale, Philharmonia Orchestra, Claudio Scimone - Maometto Secondo (3xCD + Box)||Philips||412 148-2||Germany||1985|
Complete your Rossini, June Anderson, Ernesto Palacio, Samuel Ramey, Margarita Zimmermann, Claudio Scimone collection.
The other singing is less sharply characterized but is generally stylish, with Margarita zimmermann in the travesty role of Calbo and June Anderson singing sweetly as Anna. Laurence Dale is excellent in two smaller roles, while Ernesto Palacio mars some fresh-tones singing with his intrusive aitches. One person found this helpful. According to Ramey himself, the title role of "Maometto Secondo" is the most difficult part he has sung to date, so this 1983 Philips recording with Rossini expert Claudio Scimone conducting is a must-have for Ramey fans. I believe it's the only recording of this great bass singing his most demanding role.
Taken on December 31, 2015.
Cast: Anna Erisso - June Anderson Calbo - Margarita Zimmerman Paolo Erisso - Ernesto Palacio Maometto - Samuel Ramey Condulmiero, Selimo - Laurence Dale Ambrosian Opera Chorus Philarmonia Orchestra Conductor - Claudio Scimone. CD1 01. Atto I. N. Introduzione: Al tuo cenno, Erisso (Coro, Erisso, Condulmiero, Calbo) 02. Risponda a te primiero (Coro, Condulmiero, Calbo, Erisso) 03. Si, giuriam! (Calbo, Condulmiero, Erisso, Coro) 04.
June Anderson, Margarita Zimmermann, Ernesto Palacio, Ambrosian Opera Chorus, Philharmonia Orchestra, Claudio Scimone "Mira, signor, quel pianto" (Calbo, Anna, Erisso, Coro). Ernesto Palacio, Margarita Zimmermann, Laurence Dale, Ambrosian Opera Chorus, Philharmonia Orchestra, Claudio Scimone No. 1 Introduzione: "Al tuo cenno, Erisso" (Coro, Erisso, Condulmiero, Calbo).
Rossini: Maometto secondo. Primary Artist, Vocals. Liner Note Translation. Conductor, Primary Artist. Margarita Zimmermann.
June Anderson (born December 30, 1952) is a Grammy Award-winning American dramatic coloratura soprano. Originally known for bel canto performances of Rossini, Donizetti, and Vincenzo Bellini, she was the first non-Italian ever to win the prestigious Bellini d'Oro prize. Subsequently, she has extended her repertoire to include a wide variety of other roles, including those from the Russian repertoire and works by Richard Strauss
Ernesto Palacio Samuel Ramey June Anderson Margarita Zimmermann Philharmonia Orchestra Claudio Scimone Length : 04:47. Writer: Cesare della Valle. Composer: Gioacchino Rossini. This track is on the 4 following albums: Rossini: Maometto II. Ernesto Palacio. Rossini: Maometto II. June Anderson.
Claudio Scimone and a cast including outstanding Rossinians June Anderson and Samuel Ramey the performance is exemplary in its fidelity to the letter of the score and the style of the composer. Scimone directs with an acute ear for Rossini's imaginative use of orchestral sonority, a fine sense of the pacing of the choruses, and a proper feel for the scale and steady reach of the drama. the recording is excellent" Gramophone (June 1985) Read less. Maometto secondo by Gioachino Rossini Performer: Margarita Zimmermann (Mezzo Soprano), June Anderson (Soprano), Ernesto Palacio (Tenor), Samuel Ramey (Bass), Laurence Dale (Tenor) Conductor: Claudio Scimone Orchestra/Ensemble: Ambrosian Singers, Philharmonia Orchestra Period: Romantic Written: 1820; Italy Length: 185 Minutes 5 Secs.
- Brahms, Margaret Price, Samuel Ramey - Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, André Previn - Ein Deutsches Requiem - A German Requiem download flac
- Berlioz - Janet Baker / Alexander Gibson / Sir John Barbirolli - Les Nuits D'été, La Mort De Clèopâtre, Les Troyens download flac
- Albinoni, Elena Zilio, Domenico Trimarchi, I Solisti Veneti, Claudio Scimone - Pimpinone Intermezzo download flac
- Gioacchino Rossini, Riccardo Chailly, National Philharmonic Orchestra, Montserrat Caballé, Samuel Ramey, Leo Nucci - Il Turco In Italia download flac
- Vivaldi – Cecilia Gasdia, Margarita Zimmermann, The Ambrosian Singers, I Solisti Veneti, Claudio Scimone - Gloriae RV 589 & RV 588 download flac
- Gioacchino Rossini, Marilyn Horne, Samuel Ramey, Claudio Scimone - L'Italiana in Algeri download flac
- KZ9 vs. Vo)))id - Eccesso Di Melanina In Maometto download flac
- Gioacchino Rossini, Claudio Abbado - Il Viaggio A Reims download flac
- Handel, The Monteverdi Choir, The English Baroque Soloists, John Eliot Gardiner - Messiah (Highlights) download flac
- Josephine Barstow, Scottish Opera Orchestra & Chorus, John Mauceri - Opera Finales download flac