Sixteen Horsepower - Folklore flac album
Tracklist Hide Credits
|4||Alone And Forsaken
Written-By – Hank Williams
Written-By – Carter Family*
|6||Beyond The Pale||3:45|
|7||Horse Head Fiddle||4:50|
|10||La Robe A Parasol||2:29|
- Recorded At – Absinthe Studio
- Mastered At – Absinthe Studio
- Pressed By – DOCdata Germany
- Engineer – Bob Ferbrache*
- Performer – David Eugene Edwards, Jean-Yves Tola, Pascal Humbert
- Producer – Sixteen Horsepower*
NotesTracks 2, 7, 8 and 10 are adaptations of traditional songs.
Booklet contains lyrics.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 4 030433 7560-27
- Barcode (String): 4030433756027
- Label Code: LC 08323
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1 to 3): [DOCDATA Germany logo] ELDORADO GR 560
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 1 to 3): IFPI LL88
- Mould SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI 5221
- Mould SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI 5222
- Mould SID Code (Variant 3): IFPI 5223
|none||Sixteen Horsepower*||Folklore (CDr, Album, Promo)||Glitterhouse Records||none||France||2002|
|GRCD 560||Sixteen Horsepower*||Folklore (CD, Album)||Glitterhouse Records||GRCD 560||Russia||2003|
|GRCD 560||Sixteen Horsepower*||Folklore (CD, Album, RE)||Glitterhouse Records||GRCD 560||Germany||Unknown|
|TWA049CD||16 Horsepower||Folklore (CD, Album, Jew)||Jetset Records||TWA049CD||US||2002|
|TWA49CD||16 Horsepower||Folklore (CD, Album, Promo)||Jetset Records||TWA49CD||US||2003|
Sixteen Horsepower also try their hand at the Carter Family's "Single Girl", which is featured on the third volume of Smith's anthology. It's one of the few moments on Folklore where the band picks themselves up out of the dirgy murk. It has them galloping along on a jaunty banjo-driven carriage, very nearly approximating that strange, ot-quite singing that colored the original Carter Family recordings. Another album like this might prove too much, but these ten songs are just about right.
Sixteen Horsepower – Folklore. Label: Volkoren – VOLKOREN009LP. Country: Netherlands. Folklore (CD, Album). Glitterhouse Records, PIAS France.
I'm not going to go through each track and tediously ramble on. If you like this band it's a cd that you need to have. Fans of this band know that each album they've released has it's own identity, it's own sound - no two albums exactly alike. They are artists, each album is a separate piece, unique and should be judged on it's own. I have never been disappointed by this band and enjoy the varied eclectic nature of it's sound and creativity.
Folklore (16 Horsepower album). As hinted to by its name, most of the material on the album is drawn from traditional folk music. Only four of the songs ("Hutterite Mile," "Blessed Persistence," "Beyond the Pale" and "Flutter") on the album are original 16 Horsepower compositions. All tracks written by 16 Horsepower and David Eugene Edwards except where noted.
16 Horsepower : Folklore,album, artykuł, lista piosenek, mp3, teksty. Wydawcy Glitterhouse Records. Styl muzycznyFolk Rock. Zarejestrowanych posiada ten album3. 3. Blessed Persistence. 4. Alone and Forsaken.
Sixteen Horsepower Folklore. Published Sep 01, 2002. On this first album after a year-long sabbatical, the goth-country trio sound more focused than ever before. Rather than rely on his over-the-top country preacher shtick, singer/songwriter David Eugene Edwards delves deeper into his craft here and has come up with a truly evocative Southern landscape dominated by outlaws and lost souls. The stories and characters are chilling in and of themselves and hardly need to be elaborated upon. Thankfully, because of this, the music is sparse and never intrusive. In fact, most of Folklore passes like a dream. Or maybe that's just the result of reading too many Southern Gothic novels, or watching Robert Mitchum in Night Of The Hunter one too many times. Either way this is the best Sixteen Horsepower album yet and, admittedly, the first one I've really enjoyed.
16 Horsepower - Folklore (2002). Date: 13 Dec 2018 14:36:12. Although some fans may be disappointed with 16 Horsepower's move away from the frantic drive of the group's older material, this is a landmark in the subgenre of alt-country goth. It's not a new direction for 16 Horsepower, but instead the band has further refined its sound and made it even more brooding and ominous than before.
This album has an average beat per minute of BPM (slowest/fastest tempos:, BPM). See its BPM profile at the bottom of the page. BPM Profile Folklore. Album starts at BPM, ends at BPM (+0), with tempos within the -BPM range. Try refreshing the page if dots are missing). Recent albums by 16 Horsepower.
- Horsepower - Virginity download flac
- Sixteen Horsepower - Olden download flac
- Horsepower - Bolt download flac
- Horsepower - Bare Back EP download flac
- Délinquance Juvénile, Post-Absinthe, ßęđŧīmĕ Šŧōŗĩėş - Why I Want To Fuck Djokhar Tsarnaev OST download flac
- Agalloch - Pale Folklore download flac
- Yalta Club - Highly Branded download flac
- 16 Horsepower - Folklore download flac
- Hank Williams With His Drifting Cowboys - Cold,Cold Heart / The Pale Horse And His Rider download flac
- Blood Axis - The Gospel Of Inhumanity download flac