MacMillan - Polyphony, Britten Sinfonia, Stephen Layton - Seven Last Words From The Cross flac album
|Seven Last Words From The Cross||(46:24)|
|1||Father, Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Do||5:45|
|2||Woman, Behold Thy Son!... Behold, Thy Mother!||5:07|
|3||Verily, I Say Unto Thee, Today Thou Shalt Be With Me In Paradise||8:18|
|4||Eli, Eli, Lama Sabachthani?||6:28|
|6||It Is Finished||6:46|
|7||Father, Into Thy Hands I Commend My Spirit||8:10|
|8||On The Annunciation Of The Blessed Virgin||6:41|
- Recorded At – Temple Church, London
- Recorded At – Church Of St. Jude-on-the-Hill, Hampstead
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Hyperion Records Limited
- Copyright (c) – Hyperion Records Limited
- Published By – Boosey & Hawkes
- Booklet Editor – Tim Parry
- Choir – Polyphony
- Composed By – James MacMillan
- Conductor – Stephen Layton
- Design [Front Design] – Terry Shannon
- Engineer [Recording Engineer] – Julian Millard
- Executive-Producer – Simon Perry
- Illustration [Front Illustration: 'Crucifixion' By] – Craigie Aitchison
- Leader [Britten Sinfonia] – Pauline Lowbury (tracks: 1 to 7)
- Liner Notes – Phil Spicer
- Liner Notes [Traduction] – Hyperion
- Liner Notes [Übersetzung] – Elke Hockings
- Orchestra – Britten Sinfonia (tracks: 1 to 7)
- Organ – James Vivian (tracks: 8, 9)
- Producer [Recording Producer] – Mark Brown
- Research [Front Picture Research] – Richard Howard
NotesSeven Last Words from the Cross was composed in 1993.
On the Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin was composed in 1997.
Te Deum was composed in 2001.
Recorded in The Temple Church, London, on 30 July 2003 and in St Jude-on-the-Hill, Hampstead Garden Suburb, on 1 and 2 April 2004 (Seven Last Words from the Cross)
℗ 2005 Hyperion Records Ltd, London
Made in EU
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 0 34571 57460 8
- Label Code: LC 7533
- Rights Society: MCPS
|CDA67460||MacMillan* - Polyphony, Britten Sinfonia, Stephen Layton||MacMillan* - Polyphony, Britten Sinfonia, Stephen Layton - Seven Last Words From The Cross (CD)||Hyperion||CDA67460||UK||2005|
|CDA67460||MacMillan* / Polyphony, Britten Sinfonia, Stephen Layton||MacMillan* / Polyphony, Britten Sinfonia, Stephen Layton - Seven Last Words From The Cross (CD, Album)||Hyperion||CDA67460||US||2005|
Behold, Thy Mother! Polyphony, Britten Sinfonia & Stephen Layton. 3. Seven Last Words from the Cross: III. Verily, I Say Unto Thee, Today Thou Shalt Be With Me in Paradise. Polyphony, Britten Sinfonia & Stephen Layton. 4. Seven Last Words from the Cross: IV. Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? Polyphony, Britten Sinfonia & Stephen Layton. 5. Seven Last Words from the Cross: V. I Thirst. 6. Seven Last Words from the Cross: VI. It Is Finished.
Recorded in The Temple Church, London, on 30 July 2003 and in St Jude-on-the-Hill, Hampstead Garden Suburb, on 1 and 2 April 2004 (Seven Last Words from the Cross). 2005 Hyperion Records Ltd, London. Rights Society: MCPS.
Orchestra: Britten Sinfonia. Conductor: Stephen Layton. Composer: James MacMillan. Audio CD (September 13, 2005). MacMillan has a wonderful inner understanding of sacred music, informed (I assume) by his Catholic faith. The Seven Last Words from the Cross are stunning, a brilliant admixture of old and new. Track 3 (Verily, I say unto thee, thous shall be with me in Paradise) derserves a particular mention. The "ecce lignum crucis" (proclaiming darkness) is stunningly interwoven with the thrice proclaimed acclamation of "venite adoremus".
MacMillan: Seven Last Words from the Cross. MacMillan: Seven Last Words from the Cross. Super Audio CD (SACD).
Seven Last Words from the Cross (Polyphony, Britten Sinfonia feat. conductor: Stephen Layton). I Thirst James MacMillan. Unknown Submit Tempo you can also upload the audio file to get the Tempo. Video Seven Last Words from the Cross: V. Seven Last Words from the Cross (Polyphony, Britten Sinfonia feat.
COMPOSER: Sir James MacMillan. ORCHESTRA: Britten Sinfonia. More from this artist. Tell us what you think.
This stunning work, brilliantly performed by Stephen Layton's chamber choir Polyphony and the Britten Sinfonia, is something no serious lover of choral music should be without’ (Birmingham Post). In an ideal world, Hyperion's August disc of the month would sell by the truckload. The sheer quality of James MacMillan's Seven Last Words, the intensity of Stephen Layton's interpretation and the unrestrained, heartfelt performances of Polyphony and the Britten Sinfonia should guarantee critical acclaim’ (Music Week)
Britten Sinfonia, Polyphony, Stephen Layton - Lukaszewski. От Иоанна с 25 06:23. Britten Sinfonia, Polyphony, Stephen Layton - Lukaszewski. Station 4: Senex Simeon Prophetizans 02:17. Station 15: The Resurrection 03:05. Station 9: Omnes Nos Quasi Oves Erravimus 03:25. Station 7: Vere Languores Nostros Ipse Tulit 03:04.
Продавец: Интернет-магазин Ozon. Адрес: Россия, Москва, Пресненская набережная, 10. ОГРН: 1027739244741
- Benjamin Britten - Corydon Singers • Matthew Best - A Boy Was Born / Festival Te Deum / Rejoice In The Lamb / A Wedding Anthem download flac
- Charlie The Hamster with Floyd Robinson - Charlie the Hamster Sings The Ten Commandments download flac
- CPE Bach – Nicolas Altstaedt, Arcangelo, Jonathan Cohen - Cello Concertos download flac
- Hindemith - Lawrence Power , BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra, David Atherton - Music For Viola And Orchestra download flac
- The Consort Of Musicke Directed By Anthony Rooley With Emma Kirkby And David Thomas - Madrigals And Wedding Songs For Diana download flac
- Handel : The King's Consort, Choir Of New College, Oxford, Robert King - Musick For The Royal Fireworks • Four Coronation Anthems download flac
- The Temple Choir - For Thee We Sing download flac
- James MacMillan - Seven Last Words From The Cross download flac
- Britten – Alban Gerhardt, BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra, Andrew Manze - Cello Symphony, Cello Sonata & Cello Suites download flac
- Schubert, Takács Quartet - Death And The Maiden download flac