Edward Thomas - Jerry Hadley, James Morris , Victoria Livengood, Mel Ulrich, Jeffrey Lentz, London Symphony Orchestra, George Manahan - Desire Under The Elms flac album
|Desire Under The Elms||(125:50)|
|1-1||Act 1, Scene 1||5:59|
|1-2||Act 1, Scene 2||10:38|
|1-3||Act 1, Scene 3||18:17|
|1-4||Act 2, Scene 1||19:35|
|2-1||Act 2, Scene 2||23:27|
|2-2||Act 3, Scene 1||28:36|
|2-3||Act 3, Scene 2||6:58|
|2-4||Act 3, Scene 3||12:15|
- Recorded At – Abbey Road Studios
- Recorded At – KAS Music & Sound
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – HNH International Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – HNH International Ltd.
- Art Direction – Jennifer Axsom
- Composed By – Edward Thomas
- Conductor – George Manahan
- Conductor [Associate Conductor] – Paulette Haupt
- Engineer [Recording Engineer, UK] – Jonathan Allen
- Engineer [Recording Engineer, US] – David Merrill
- Executive-Producer, Recording Supervisor [Recording Director] – Thomas Z. Shepard
- Libretto By – Joe Masteroff
- Liner Notes – Ed Thomas*, Tom Shepard*
- Liner Notes [French Translation] – David Ylla-Somers
- Liner Notes [German Translation] – Cris Posslac
- Orchestra – London Symphony Orchestra*
- Photography By – Carol Rosegg, Keith Saunders
- Producer [Production Assistant] – Jeff Lewonczyk
- Recording Supervisor – Edward Thomas
- Vocals [Abbie] – Victoria Livengood
- Vocals [Cabot] – James Morris
- Vocals [Eben] – Jerry Hadley
- Vocals [Peter] – Jeffrey Lentz
- Vocals [Sheriff] – Darth Meadows
- Vocals [Simeon] – Mel Ulrich
NotesAn American Folk Opera in Three Acts
Based on a Play by Eugene O'Neill
Full Libretto Enclosed.
Booklet notes in English
Kommentar auf Deutsch
Notice en français
Recorded at Abbey Road Studios, London, United Kingdom in July 2000 and at KAS Music & Sound, New York, USA in September 2000 and January-June 2002.
Cover Art: Desire Under the Elms logo • American flag, folk artist, 1880s.
Made in E.C.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 7 30099 69012 6
- Label Code: LC 05537
- Rights Society: GEMA
- Other (SPARS Code): DDD
|8.669001-02||Edward Thomas - Jerry Hadley, James Morris , Victoria Livengood, Mel Ulrich, Jeffrey Lentz, London Symphony Orchestra*, George Manahan||Edward Thomas - Jerry Hadley, James Morris , Victoria Livengood, Mel Ulrich, Jeffrey Lentz, London Symphony Orchestra*, George Manahan - Desire Under The Elms (2xCD, Album)||Naxos||8.669001-02||Canada||2002|
Edward Thomas (b. 1924) is a classical and popular composer whose works have enjoyed success in concert halls and theaters. Mr. Thomas studied musical composition with the celebrated Hungarian-American composer, Tibor Serly, and began his many faceted musical career as guitarist, songwriter, and composer. He is equally at home in jazz, theater, commercial and concert music genres.
Edward Thomas, Jerry Hadley, Jeffrey Lentz, Victoria Livengood, James Morris, Mel Ulrich, George Manahan. This Is No Case of Petty Right or Wrong. Jack Sheeran, Edward Thomas. Thomas: Desire Under the Elms.
Act 1, Scene 1. Your browser does not support the audio element. Act 1, Scene 2. Act 1, Scene 3. Act 2, Scene 1.
Michael Tilson Thomas (born December 21, 1944) is an American conductor, pianist and composer. He is currently music director of the San Francisco Symphony, and artistic director of the New World Symphony, an American orchestral academy based in Miami Beach, Florida. Tilson Thomas was born in Los Angeles, California, to Ted and Roberta Thomas, a Broadway stage manager and a middle school history teacher respectively
James Morris was nominated for a Grammy Award in the Best Opera Recording category for his performance in Thomas’s Desire Under the Elms with Manhattan School of Music Director of Orchestral Activities George Manahan conducting the London Symphony on Naxos. He also holds a Grammy Award for his recording of Mahler’s Symphony No. 8 with Michael Tilson Thomas and the San Francisco Symphony.
London Symphony Chorus, London Symphony Orchestra, Sir Colin Davis He Trusted In God. 02:22. 69 Beats Replay the night (Gabriel & Dresden mix) Robert Arnold, Robert Conant, Paul Thomas, Richard Lewis, Florence Kopleff, Judith Raskin, Robert Shaw Messiah Part the First No. 12 Chorus For unto us a child is born Colin Davis, London Symphony Orchestra George Frideric Handel No. 12, For unto us a Child is born TJK Gabriel & Dresden Global DJ Broadcast Guest Mix.
- Darius Milhaud - Les Malheurs D'Orphée - Opéra En Trois Actes - Paroles D'Armand Lunel download flac
- Thoth - The Herma: The Life And Land Of Nular-In - Act II download flac
- Gounod, Bonynge Conducting The London Symphony Orchestra, The Ambrosian Opera Chorus, The Choir Of Highgate School - Faust download flac
- No Artist - Steam In The 60's - Volume 1 download flac
- John Cage - Four Walls download flac
- Elwin D. Purington - Northern Pacific 2626 Memorial Album download flac
- Beijing Opera Troupe - 紅燈記 = The Legend Of Red Lantern download flac
- Ralph Vaughan Williams / Sir Adrian Boult, The London Philharmonic Choir And Orchestra - The Pilgrim's Progress [World Premiere Recording] download flac
- Meyerbeer - Della Jones, Marilyn Hill Smith, Roderick Earle, Ian Caley, Geoffrey Mitchell Choir, Deborah Cook , Christian Du Plessis, Alexander Oliver, Philharmonia Orchestra, James Judd - Dinorah download flac
- Charpentier / Les Arts Florissants, William Christie - Jill Feldman, Jacques Bona, Sophie Boulin, Philippe Cantor, Agnès Mellon, Gilles Ragon - Médée (Opéra En 5 Actes) download flac