Milton Cross - Milton Cross Explains The Instruments Of The Orchestra To Children Of All Ages flac album
Tracklist Hide Credits
Violin – Paul Gershman
Viola – George Brown
Violoncello – Harvey Shapiro
Double Bass – Julius Levine
Harp – Edward Vito
|A7||"A Little Night Music" (Excerpt)
Composed By – Mozart*
|B1||Flute And Piccolo
Flute, Piccolo Flute – Arthur Lora
|B2||Clarinet And Bass Clarinet
Clarinet, Bass Clarinet – Vincent J. Abato*
|B3||Oboe And English Horn
Oboe, English Horn – Leonard Arner
|B4||Bassoon And Contra-Bassoon
Bassoon, Contrabassoon – Harold Goltzer
|B5||"Minuet Of The Will-'o'The'Wisps" (Excerpt)
Composed By – Berlioz*
Trumpet – Raymond Crisara
French Horn – Boris Rybka
Trombone – Neal Di Biase*
Bass Tuba – Herbert Wekselblatt
Percussion – Morris Goldenberg
|C7||Other Percussion Inst. Celeste
Celesta – Joseph Kahn
|D1||Quiz-game, Part 1|
|D2||"Capriccio Espagnol" (Last Movement)
Composed By – Rimsky-Korsakov*
|D3||Quiz-game, Part 2|
- Pressed By – Premier Albums, Inc.
- Published By – Ottenheimer Publishers
- Co-producer – Felix Giglio
- Design [Book] – Lionhill Art Studio
- Narrator – Milton Cross
- Written-By – Ernest La Prade*
"Learn For Pleasure Children's Cultural Activities"
"Contains 2 10-inch 33⅓ LP Hi-Fi Records, 1 Illustrated Manual, 1 Game Pad"
"Instruments as "individuals". Instruments as "families". The Complete Symphony Orchestra."
"Planned and written by Ernest La Prade who was associated with Walter Damrosch in the planning and presentation of the famous NBC Music Appreciation Hour - a cultural inspiration for a generation of American school children."
"IT'S A GAME TOO!"
"A game-type quiz is incorporated in this set to stimulate a child's desire to learn and to test his comprehension."
Selected Information From Back Cover:
""The Instruments of the Orchestra" was planned and prepared to give an understanding and appreciation of the component parts of a symphony orchestra by telling about each instrument, its distinctive sounds and usual use, and by explaining its place in the "families" of instruments."
"LEARN FOR PLEASURE Children's Cultural Activity sets (music appreciation, language study, art, literature, and others) are created by the finest talent available for family enjoyment. One or more of the activities is sure to interest every child. Get a list of Learn for Pleasure sets from your dealer, he'll keep you informed about forthcoming sets."
"Ⓒ1958 OTTENHEIMER: PUBLISHERS PRINTED IN THE U.S.A."
"LEARN FOR PLEASURE"
"THE INSTRUMENTS OF THE ORCHESTRA"
"OTTENHEIMER PUBLISHERS, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED"
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Label matrix, side A): 40211-A
- Matrix / Runout (Label matrix, side B): 40211-B
- Matrix / Runout (Label matrix, side C): 40212-A
- Matrix / Runout (Label matrix, side D): 40212-B
- Matrix / Runout (Etched runout, side A ("☆", stamped)): 40211A KD ☆
- Matrix / Runout (Etched runout, side B ("☆", stamped)): 40211B ☆ PYD
- Matrix / Runout (Etched runout, side C ("☆", stamped)): 40212A PM ☆
- Matrix / Runout (Etched runout, side D ("☆", stamped)): 40212B ☆ PN
Peter and the Wolf Op. 67, a 'symphonic fairy tale for children', is a musical composition written by Sergei Prokofiev in 1936. The narrator tells a children's story, while the orchestra illustrates it. It is Prokofiev's most frequently performed work, and one of the most frequently performed works in the entire classical repertoire. It has been recorded many times.
milton cross country, milton cross Milton John Cross April 16, 1897 – January 3, 1975 was an American radio announcer famous for his work on the NBC and ABC radio networks. He was best known as the voice of the Metropolitan Opera, hosting its Saturday afternoon radio broadcasts for 43 years, from the time of their inception on December 25, 1931 until his death in 19751. Milton Cross Explains, 2 discs each, Ottenheimer Publishers/Cabot Records 19585. The Instruments of the Orchestra CAB 4021. The Magic of Music CAB 4022.
Milton John Cross (April 16, 1897 – January 3, 1975) was an American radio announcer famous for his work on the NBC and ABC radio networks. He was best known as the voice of the Metropolitan Opera, hosting its Saturday afternoon radio broadcasts for 43 years, from the time of their inception on December 25, 1931 until his death in 1975. Born in New York City, Milton Cross started his career just as network radio itself was in its earliest stages.
Miltoncross Academy is proud to be one of the founder members of the Portsmouth City of Sanctuary Group. Follow us on Twitter.
John Milton was a very famous English poet, historian as well as a civil servant in the British government. Check out this biography to know about his childhood, family life, achievements and other facts about his life. He wrote hundreds of pamphlets criticizing the role and influence of the monarchy and the clergy in the life of the citizens of the country and demanded for their freedom from religious and political oppression. He called upon the Catholic clergy to give up their control over religious thoughts and make Christianity a better religion.
by Milton Cross (Author), David Ewen (Author). This is my resource book for quick bios, and clear succinct descriptions of the major works of great composers.
Cross Arts Creative Projects: The Firebird. The Last Plantagenet. Here, the Philharmonia's expert players guide you through the intricacies of the instruments they play. Choose an instrument from one of the sections. The string section is the basis of the orchestra and the one consistent component of orchestras down the ages. The Principal of the First Violin section is also the Leader of the orchestra.
Published 1953 by Doubleday in Garden City, .
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Otto Klemperer, The London Wind Quintet And Ensemble - Serenade For 13 Wind Instruments download flac
- Edwin London / George Crumb - Portraits Of Three Ladies (American) / Madrigals, Books I-IV download flac
- Arthur Fiedler, Milton Cross - The Story Of The Boston Pops Narrated By Arthur Fiedler And Milton Cross download flac
- Mozart, Concerto Köln - Concertos For Oboe - Flute-Harp - Clarinet download flac
- Mozart / English Chamber Orchestra, Alexander Schneider, Richard Stoltzman - Clarinet Concerto, K. 622 - Concerto For Bassoon, K. 191 (Arranged For Clarinet) download flac
- Mozart - Wind Concertos download flac
- Various - Woodwinds & Reeds download flac
- Mozart, The Belmont Ensemble Of London, Peter G. Dyson - Sinfonia Concertante For Violin And Viola K.364 / Sinfonia Concertante For Oboe, Clarinet, Bassoon And Horn K.297b download flac
- Peter Ustinov, The Toronto Philharmonia Orchestra, Walter Babiak - Peter Ustinov Reads The Orchestra download flac
- Mozart, Alfred Boskovsky, Willi Boskovsky, Manfred Kaustsky, Ernst Pamperl, Walter Panhoffer, Josef Veleba - Mozart, Quintet In E Flat Major For Piano, Oboe, Clarinet, Horn And Bassoon (K.452) And Trio In E Flat Major For Piano, Clarinet And Viola (K.498) download flac