George Riley Puckett - Casey Jones / Steamboat Bill flac album
Tracklist Hide Credits
Composed By – Newton*
Written-By – Mills*
- Record Company – Columbia Phonograph Company
NotesSide A: Solo with Guitar Accomp.
Side B: Solo with Guitar Accomp.
Sides A & B recorded Atlanta, GA, March 7, 1924.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Label Side A): 81605
- Matrix / Runout (Label Side B): 81626
- Matrix / Runout (Side A - stamped): 81605 1-26
- Matrix / Runout (Side B - stamped): 81626 1-B-23
|113-D||Riley Puckett||Casey Jones / Steamboat Bill (Shellac, 10", RP)||Columbia||113-D||US||Unknown|
Casey Jones" is a song by the American rock band the Grateful Dead. The music was written by Jerry Garcia, and the lyrics are by Robert Hunter. Hunter stated in a 2015 interview with Rolling Stone that "Casey Jones" didn't start out as a song, it just suddenly popped into my mind: "driving that train, high on cocaine, Casey Jones, you better watch your speed
Varianti: Stai visualizzando tutto Riley Puckett. George Riley Puckett, Puckett, R. Puckett. Whoa Mule, Railroad Bill.
Casey Jones-the Union Scab" is a song, written by labor figure Joe Hill in San Pedro, California, shortly after the first day of a nationwide walkout of 40,000 railway employees in the Illinois Central shopmen's strike of 1911. It is a parody of the song "The Ballad of Casey Jones" and is sung to its tune. Many of the railway workers were organized into the railway brotherhoods, which were craft unions.
Riley Puckett, Clayton McMichen, Lowe Stokes, Arthur Tanner, Bill Helms, Colon Jones.
George Riley Puckett (May 7, 1894 – July 13, 1946) was an American country music pioneer mostly known for being a member of Gid Tanner and the Skillet Lickers. Puckett was born in Dallas, Paulding County, Georgia. An accident during infancy left him blind. He had his formal education at the Georgia School for the Blind in Macon, Georgia. He sang and played guitar and banjo. He was first heard on the radio as a part of Clayton McMichen's Hometown Band. His vocalizing was a regular feature at the Georgia Old-Time Fiddlers Conventions
Listen to albums and songs from Riley Puckett. Imaginational Anthem, Vol. 6 : Origins of American Primitive Guitar.
Country Music Pioneer.
- Riley Puckett - The Riley Puckett Story (1924 - 1941) download flac
- Kelly Harrell Accomp. By Henry Whitter - I Was Born In Pennsylvania / Peg And Awl download flac
- Tchaikovsky, Artur Rodzinski Conducting The Cleveland Orchestra - Columbia Presents Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture download flac
- Arthur Tanner & His Corn Shuckers - Dr. Ginger Blue / Lay Me Where Sweet Flowers Blossom download flac
- The Happy Four / Copperhill Male Quartet - He Knows How / There Is A Fountain Filled With Blood download flac
- Westbrook Conservatory Players - The Old Rugged Cross / I Would Walk With My Savior download flac
- C. & M. A. Gospel Quintette - Preacher On The Fence Part 1 / Preacher On The Fence Part 2 download flac
- Liza Brown And Ann Johnson - Get On Out Of Here / Let's Get It Straight download flac
- Burl Ives And Gordon Jenkins and his Orchestra and Chorus - Casey Jones download flac
- Riley Puckett - Ole Faithful / Santa Fé Folks Fiesta download flac