Pat Metheny Group - The Way Up flac album
- Mastered At – Sterling Sound
- Recorded At – Right Track Recording
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Metheny Group Productions
- Licensed To – Nonesuch Records Inc.
- Bass [Acoustic, Electric], Violin [Toy] – Steve Rodby
- Co-producer – Lyle Mays, Steve Rodby
- Design, Photography By – Doyle Partners
- Drums, Xylophone [Toy] – Antonio Sanchez
- Engineer [Additional Engineering] – David Oakes, Pat Metheny, Pete Karam
- Engineer [Assistant] – Jay Spears
- Guitar [Acoustic, Electric, Slide, Synth & Slide], Guitar [Toy] – Pat Metheny
- Harmonica – Gregoire Maret
- Mastered By – Ted Jensen
- Percussion – David Samuels*
- Percussion, Voice, Guitar [Toy] – Richard Bona
- Piano [Accoustic], Keyboards, Xylophone [Toy] – Lyle Mays
- Producer – Pat Metheny
- Production Manager [Project Coordinator] – David Sholemson
- Recorded By, Mixed By – Rob Eaton
- Technician [Assistant] – Carolyn Chrzan
- Technician [Technical Coordination], Production Manager [Assistant] – David Oakes
- Whistle [Toy], Trumpet, Voice – Cuong Vu
NotesPackaged in a clear tray jewel case with fold out booklet, housed in an O-card (slipcase) with a red pole on the front. There are other variations: Yellow Pole and White / Red Pole
Recorded 2003/2004 at Right Track Recording, New York City.
24-bit digital recording.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 075597987621
- Matrix / Runout (Variants 1 - 3): [Warner Logo] CD 759979876-2 V01
- Mastering SID Code (Variants 1 - 3): IFPI L012
- Mould SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI 05R2
- Mould SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI 05A2
- Mould SID Code (Variant 3): IFPI 0568
- Rights Society: GEMA/BIEM
- Label Code: LC 00286
|7559-79876-2, 79876-2||Pat Metheny Group||The Way Up (CD, Album)||Nonesuch, Nonesuch||7559-79876-2, 79876-2||US||2005|
|7559-79876-2||Pat Metheny Group||The Way Up (CD, Album, Whi)||Nonesuch||7559-79876-2||Europe||2005|
|7559-79876-2||Pat Metheny Group||The Way Up (CD, Album)||Nonesuch||7559-79876-2||Europe||2005|
|850329||Pat Metheny Group||The Way Up (CD, Album, Unofficial)||Limited Edition||850329||Russia||Unknown|
|7559-79876-2||Pat Metheny Group||The Way Up (CD, Album, Yel)||Nonesuch||7559-79876-2||Europe||2005|
Pat Metheny Group is the first album by the Pat Metheny Group, released in 1978.
Travels is the Pat Metheny Group's first live album, released in 1983. It won the Grammy Award for Best Jazz Fusion Performance. The album consists of live material recorded in July, October, and November 1982, in Philadelphia, Dallas, Sacramento, Hartford, and Nacogdoches (Texas). The Group for this album consisted of Pat Metheny, Lyle Mays, Steve Rodby, Dan Gottlieb, and guest Nana Vasconcelos.
The Way Up by Pat Metheny/Pat Metheny Group. PAT METHENY GROUP The way up 4-track PR0M0 CD Maxi-single Card sleeve. THE WAY UP may be the greatest masterpiece of prog ever written and performed by a prominent jazz musician and his band. In fact, it is precisely because of the unmistakable symphonic prog flavour of this album that Metheny was criticised in the authoritative PENGUIN GUIDE TO JAZZ RECORDINGS.
The Way Up is an album by Pat Metheny Group, released in 2005. It won the Grammy Award for Best Contemporary Jazz Album. The album consists of one 68-minute-long piece, split into four tracks solely for CD navigation. The album is a showcase for the band's ability in solo improvisation and dynamics. Swiss t Gregoire Maret joined the Group for the album's recording and tour, being showcased on the harmonica.
The Way Up is the Pat Metheny Group's debut offering for Nonesuch Records. Comprised of a single, sprawling, 68-minute composition by Metheny and Lyle Mays - divided into four sections on CD - it is an unprecedented new direction for the band. The lineup is the same as on Speak of Now from 2003 - Metheny and Mays on keyboards, bassist Steve Rodby, drummer Antonio Sanchéz, and trumpeter/vocalist Cuong Vu. New to the roster is Swiss/American harmonicat Gregoire Maret. While the sound here is instantly recognizable as PMG, it is dazzling and labyrinthine in shape, sound, and texture.
Downbeat Readers Poll Awards: Best Jazz Group – The Pat Metheny Unity Group. Goya Award (Spain): Best Original Score for Vivir Es Fácil Con Los Ojos Cerrados (Living Is Easy With Eyes Closed) – Pat Metheny. Echos NPR Radio Listener’s Poll: Top 5 Records of 2005 – The Way Up – Pat Metheny Group. Boston Music Awards: Jazz Act of The Year – Pat Metheny Group. JazzTimes Readers Poll ’04: Best Guitarist – Pat Metheny. JazzTimes Readers Poll ’03: Best Contemporary Electric Group – Pat Metheny Group.
- Pat Metheny w/ Christian McBride & Antonio Sanchez - Day Trip download flac
- Cuong Vu Trio Meets Pat Metheny - Cuong Vu Trio Meets Pat Metheny download flac
- Pat Metheny - Orchestrion download flac
- Pat Metheny Group - Travels download flac
- Pat Metheny Group - Letter From Home download flac
- Pat Metheny - Works download flac
- Pat Metheny Group - We Live Here download flac
- Pat Metheny - Trio → Live download flac
- Pat Metheny Group - First Circle download flac
- Pat Metheny Group - Offramp download flac