Tommy Doucet - Tommy Doucet flac album
|A1||Temperance Reel Medley|
|A3||Blue Belles Of Scotland|
|A4||Tom's E-Flat Clog / Banks / Autocrat|
|A6||Mrs. Dundas Of Arniston|
|B4||High Level Hornpipe|
|B6||Irving's Clog / Cotton Eyed Joe|
|B7||St. Lawrence River|
|B10||Shepard's Reel Medley|
|B11||St. Elmo's Clog|
- Design – Susan Marsh
- Fiddle – Tommy Doucet*
- Guitar – Henery Riendeau
- Liner Notes – Robert Coltman
- Mastered By – John Nagy
NotesCompiled from old 78's.
Tommy Doucet – Tommy Doucet. Label: Rounder Records – 7010.
Their debut album for Compass Records FROM BAMAKO TO CARENCRO takes its name from the cultural connection between Bamako, in Mali, West Africa, and Louisiana, symbolized in name by the Lafayette, LA suburb of Carencro. Featured on the album are band members Michael Doucet (fiddle and lead vocals), David Doucet (guitar and vocals), Billy Ware (percussion) and Tommy Alissi (drums) and Mitchell Reed (bass and fiddle).
Doucet recorded two albums. Down East Star, which was drawn from home recordings, includes some of his best material from his early period. The tracks on this album are: Temperance Reel Medley; Panhandle Swing; Blue Belles Of Scotland; Tom’s E- Flat Clog/Banks/Autocrat; Superior Medley; Mrs. Dundas of Arniston; Lancers; Erin Reel; Joanne Reel; Shrips Clog; High Level Hornpipe; Fred Allen's; Irving's.
Julie Doucet (born December 31, 1965) is a Canadian underground cartoonist and artist, best known for her autobiographical works such as Dirty Plotte and My New York Diary. Her work is concerned with such topics as "sex, violence, menstruation and male/female issues. Doucet was born in Montreal, Quebec. She was educated first at an all-girls Catholic school, then studied fine arts at Cégep du Vieux Montréal (a junior college) and afterwards at the Université du Québec à Montréal.
Although he initially taught himself to play by using Bob Dylan and Paul Simon songbooks, Doucet became fascinated with flatpicking after listening to an album by Doc Watson. Together with his brother and banjo player Raoul Breaux, Doucet played Cajun music in Louisiana clubs in 1975.
Tommy Comeaux was a fine musician, a good pathologist, and a compassionate and friendly human being. This is the way of the people in the Lafayette musical community to come together to remember the good times they had with him as their friend and to continue his outstanding work. There is a love and joy here that is not often felt on recordings. There is not a weak cut on this disc and its 55 plus minutes is definitely not near long enough and just leaves the listener begging for more. This is an opportunity to hear the wonderful interplay and respect these musicians have for their music.
- Graham & Eleanor Townsend - North America's Only Championship Fiddle Team download flac
- Michael Coleman - The Enduring Magic download flac
- Tommy Jackson - Cotton Eyed Joe / Chicken Reel download flac
- Off Kilter - Off Kilter download flac
- Chris Droney - The Flowing Tide - Traditional Concertina Music From County Clare download flac
- Reel II Reel - Back To Attack Volume 2 download flac
- Wm. B. Houchens - Miller's Reel And Old Sport Reel / Turnpike Reel And Farrell O'Gara's Favorite download flac
- Séamus McGuire, John Lee - The Missing Reel download flac
- Richard LePage - Et Fils/And Sons download flac
- Jean Carignan - French Canadian Fiddle Songs download flac